Hey beauties! Today I’m sharing my everyday makeup routine and exact products that I wear every single day unless I’m going out then I may switch it up. These products are literally ALL must-haves in my opinion because these are products e’ve used everyday for the last few years and they are faves hands down! Keep in mind I’m no beauty guru by any means but I do LOVE makeup so I just want to share my favorite products with you! All products are listed in the exact order I apply them too.
1. Prime – About 30 to 45 minutes after applying moisturizer I spritz Smashbox Photo Finish Primer all over my face. This primer comes in a full size and travel size and creates the perfect smooth surface for applying your foundation
2. Foundation – Ya’ll this is my absolute favorite budget-friendly foundation. L’Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation is really the best! I do love several others that are slightly pricier but this is the best when it comes to an affordable foundation. I have oily skin and this keeps your skin pretty matte all day like it promises which I love. It is a medium coverage so if you prefer full coverage you can apply a second layer but I prefer the lighter feel so I only do 1 layer. I apply this with a stippling motion with a beauty blender
3. Concealer – Next I apply concealer under my eyes also in a stippling motion with the beauty blender. Lately I’ve been using the NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer and I love it! I use it under my eyes just to even the tone out. I’ve never had huge bags or anything but I feel like under eye concealer just helps you even out your skin a tad more and brightens up your under eye area.
4. Prime Eyes – A few minutes before I get to my eyes I apply the original Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This helps prevent creasing and keeps your eye shadow in place all day! I’ve used this for several years and I don’t know how I ever lived without this!
5. Contour – OK ladies….I’ve never been one to contour my face much …… at least I was never great at it but this Naked Flushed Palette has changed all of that. I first got this in the color ‘Nooner’ and it’s so gorgeous! This palette is a bronxer, highlighter and blush all in one. I use the bronzer in the hollows of my cheeks, forehead, jawline and on the sides of my nose. Then I apply the on the bridge of my nose and check bones. After I finish with the blush on the apples of my cheeks. This palette adds the perfect amount of color and warmth to your face!
6. Setting Powder – Next I set my foundation with the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in ‘Transparent’. I also keep this in my purse for touch ups through out the day.
7. Eyebrows – In my opinion this is the most important part of my makeup routine. Eyebrows frame out your face and can make or break your look. In high school I had terrible….I mean TERRIBLE eyebrows but as an adult I started getting them threaded and let them grow and now I love my eyebrows. They are the main thing I receive compliments on so I’m super picky about them! First I comb them using this brush then I fill them with Anastasia DipBrow Pomade in ‘Medium Brown’. I apply this in thin hair-like strokes using the same brow brush but the angled side. Once my brows are filled and shaped I use this Essence Brow Gel to finish them and keep them in place.
**Tip – Do your brows before your do the rest of your eye makeup. Once your eyebrows are shaped you will get a better idea of how to apply your eyeshadow using the shape of your brows as a guide.
8. Eyeshadow – I literally use the Tartelette Clay Matte Palette everyday for the last 2 years or so and its lasted me that long. Although i went through the bottom left color in a few months. Ironic because that color is called ‘super mom’ (HA!) and I am a mom! My kids even thought that was funny! Anywho this palette is perfect. You can wear these colors during any season. I apply one of the first 3 colors as the base……then any color from the 2nd or 3rd column in the crease. For a night out I’ll go for one of the darker shades in the last column! Sorry this is not super in depth tutorial or anything. Like I said I’m no makeup guru and I’m pretty basic. I do also love the original Naked Palette as well and I love the color ‘Virgin’ for highlighting the inner corners of the eyes!
9. Eyeliner – Next I apply my eyeliner. I am a huge fan or cat eyes or winged eyeliner. It can be tricky and even with years of practice I still screw it up sometimes but I think you just need a steady hand and the right products. I adore the Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner by Stila. I saw this a few years ago from one of Anna Saccone’s beauty videos and I tried it and fell in love. It lasts a long time and isn’t too runny. I also love that the tip doesn’t get all wonky either! It’s also a legit waterproof liner…..so you definitely need a good makeup remover to take it off at night. For my waterline I use the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Perversion.
10. Lips – Lasty I apply my favorite lip color of the last 3 years….. Mac Creamsheen Lipstick in the color ‘Creme Cup’. This is the prettiest true nude pink I’ve ever found. It doesn’t dry my lips out and can literally be work with any lipliner, My favorite lip liner to wear with this is Lorac Alter-Ego Liner in the color ‘Goddess’
I also finish my makeup with the same photo finish primer from step 1. This primer is also used as the perfect setting spray and can be used throughout the day to freshen your makeup too! I hope you guys try out some of these products! Again I’ve used most of these for years and couldn’t be happier!
Shop the Post:
Linking up with:
Sincerely Jenna Marie // By Lauren M // Not Dead Yet Style // Style Nudge // More Pieces of Me // ClaireJustine // Walking in Memphis in High Heels // I Do DeClaire // Style Elixir // Pampers & Pearls // Cute & Little // Shopping My Closet // Pumps & Push-Ups // Color & Grace // Pastries Pumps & Pi // Jersey Girl Texan Heart // The Blended Blog // High Latitude Style // A Pocket Full of Polka Dots // Nancy’s Fashion Style // Fashion Should Be Fun // A Little Bit of Everything // Lizzie in Lace //Rachel the Hat // Posh Classy Mom // Sincerely Paula // Answer is Choco // Fitful Focus // JoLynne Shane //