Today is my birthday! First let me just point out …that R.B.F. in the photo above! On point! Kidding…but seriously I feel like I always look so mean in photos and I promise I’m not! BTW…I’ve never been an attention whore on my birthday. In fact, I’ve never really celebrated my birthday as an adult by going out with friends or having a huge party. I usually just stay in with the husband and kids which is probably what I will do this year too. However, since I switched my blog niche up a few year ago I have wanted to “re-introduce” myself. I always see those random facts posts that bloggers tend to write on their birthdays like “25 things I learned by age 25.” So in honor of me turning 35 here are 35 things you probably don’t know about me!
1. My nickname since I was a little kid is “Kiki” but only my family calls me by that nickname! Now every time I hear “Kiki, Do you love me…” I feel like I need to get up and dance! #InMyFeelingsChallenge
2. Back in High School some of my friends and I were swimming at a popular creek in the woods where all the teenagers hung out and we found a random dead body. It was really creepy and I had nightmares about it for weeks.
3. Speaking of creepy, have any of you watched the Netflix series “Evil Genius”. The very first episode was about the “Pizza Bomber” story in Erie, PA. I saw the whole thing go down in person because I lived in that town and I was parked on that main street as everything was happening. It was gruesome and sad and I will never forget it. OK, that’s it for the creepy stuff.
4. I am a LEO and you may know from this post. I also share my birthday August 9th with the late great Whitney Houston.
5. I was born in Houston, Texas but grew up between Texas and Florida as a child….then Pennsylvania as a teenager.
6. After high school I lived in Colorado, New York, Florida, & New Jersey but moved to Atlanta, GA in 2012.
7. I have been with my husband for 14 years but only married for 3.
8. My husband and I have a 10 yr old daughter and an 8 yr old son.
9. Both of our kids were born on crazy days. Sofia Marina was born on 9/11/07 and Antonio David was born the day of the Haiti earthquake 1/12/10.
10. I also have 2 step-kids that I adore and one has her own baby…..so technically I am a grandma! My kids think that’s hilarious and love to call me “Granny”!
11. Currently I work for a major telecommunications company as a network engineer and I have been with my company for 13 years.
12. I am also a self-taught graphic designer and have owned 3 very successful ETSY shops for kids doing graphic design. Speaking of ETSY, I closed my shops because I was no longer passionate about my stores. However, I do have a new smaller shop HERE!
13. I am super petite. I am only 5’1″ and 95-97lbs or so. Somehow even being really short, I ended up with long skinny chicken legs (see above photo). My entire life I was self-conscious about it, but now I love my body! I think as a woman we need to accept our bodies as being the way they were meant to be. God made me skinny and petite and I’m 100% ok with that! Besides, long legs give the illusion of being taller anyway!
14. I am a die-hard animal lover and when I was a teenager I had a blue parakeet named “Smurf”, 2 cats named “Seven” & “Doc”, a dog named “Bruno San Martino”, 3 African clawed frogs named “Paco”, “Tito” & “Bobo” & an iguana named “Sherman”. After a year I added another green iguana (female) so Sherman had a friend/girlfriend. Sherman, who I thought was a male, turned out to be female and she was very territorial. She attacked the smaller female and broke it’s leg so needless to say Sherman had to roll solo after that and I didn’t keep the smaller female.
15. I don’t currently have any pets but we did have an American Bulldog for the past 4 years. His name was, Bam Bam and recently a friend of ours adopted him from us. We were not allowed to have him due to HOA restrictions in our subdivision. We are required to purchase the HOA specified fence in order to have a dog and it was very expensive so we had to give our dog away. My heart is broken but in the long run it’s better for him.
16. I did not finish college. After high school I went to a technical/business school for a year for Web Design but I dropped out.
17. I love love love to travel and have been all over the United States but I haven’t really traveled out of the states. I traveled once to Canada when I was a kid. I have also been to Puerto Rico twice but technically that’s part of the US so does it even count?
18. My husband and I are planning to start traveling internationally very very soon. Hopefully first to the Bahamas & Dominican Republic then to Europe.
19. My ancestry on my Dad’s side is Belgian-French which is why my maiden name (La Fontaine) was french.
20. My ancestry on my Mother’s side is Irish & Spanish (from Spain & Panama).
21. I speak fluent Spanish but my mom does not. I lived with my grandparents so I forced myself to learn it. Plus my husband is Puerto Rican so I get to practice my Spanish every day.
22. I am so obsessed with ancestry it’s not even funny. My hubby thinks it’s silly but I have every generation on my dad’s side in my family tree back to 1725. I got stuck there though. On my mom’s side I could only get 4 to 5 generations back though because a lot of records were not documented in the countries they came from unless it was through the church.
23. I plan to order my Ancestry DNA kit very soon because I really want to see my bloodline and where my ancestors come from.
24. I also have a sick obsession with outer space and aliens. I live for the show Ancient Aliens!!! So does my daughter and her dream is to work for NASA some day …..Proud mom right here!
25. I love a good glass of Pinot Grigio or a Margarita….morning, noon or night….I don’t discriminate
26. Coffee is my jam and if I don’t get my coffee I am a raging lunatic.
27. I love tacos. I could eat them all day, every day.
28. I am obsessed with artichokes and I eat them in all forms even out of the can. I have even been known to eat a whole plate of them for lunch…weird I know!
29. I’m not a vegetarian…yet! I don’t eat a ton of meat and considered becoming a vegetarian. I’m almost 100% positive I could be perfectly happy not eating meat.
30. I cook all the time and rarely eat out….because I am poor. Seriously, I am poor so if any local restaurants are offering sponsored posts, holla at ya girl!
31. I come from a family of 3 kids (2 brothers, no sisters) and I am the middle child. No middle child syndrome here though because I was and I still am the favorite. Kidding……sort of! We are also all a year(ish) apart! My parents sure didn’t take any “time off” from making babies in the 80’s!
32. Pink is my favorite color…..but I generally only wear it in small doses like an accessory or bag so this outfit was not the norm.
33. I love to hula hoop and practice almost every day. I also plan to make a video soon showing off my hoop skillzzzzzzzzzz but I need more practice.
34. My other hidden talent is skateboarding! My kids and my hubby both skateboard so they made me learn and I love it now. It’s actually a really good workout too. I don’t do tricks or anything but I will cruise the Beltline every now and again.
35. We finally just bought our dream home about a month ago after years and years of waiting and not being quite ready and it was totally worth the wait. We couldn’t be happier!
OUTFIT DETAILS & SIZING:
For reference, I’m 5’1″ & under 100 lbs. I normally wear the following sizes: Shoes (6), Tops (XS), Jeans (24/00)
CANDY STRIPED SHORTS (S): 402 n Beyond | Tory Burch Swingpack: Nordstrom | SANDALS (SZ. 6): Designer Version (Dupe Version) | EARRINGS: ASOS (Similar Here) | LIPSTICK: M.A.C. | LIP LINER: Lorac | FLORAL TOP: Loft
Oh and how perfect are these shorts I’m wearing. The material is thick and a very nice quality. Usually I wear a size XS in shorts so I was a little bit nervous about these since they only go down to a small. However they are a perfect fit! You can purchase them by visiting 402 ‘n Beyond. So that’s it for now. I actually have a ton more that I could have added but I will save that for a later post. Hopefully now you know the girl behind this blog a little bit better! Comment down below if you share anything in common with me….I always love to find out more about my readers.
Shop the Post:
*Sponsored by 402 ‘n Beyond, but all opinions are my own*