It seriously feels strange typing a blog post right now….seeing as how my last post was in October! Whoa. I never meant to let this blog fall by the wayside but life happens. Once my husband got hurt in November it was kinda downhill from there since I was taking care of him during all of my spare time. Now that he’s on the mend I’m hoping to get back to a regular blog schedule again. What better way to kick off the new year than by sharing some goals. Besides, every cool blogger is doing it! Ha! So here it goes…short and sweet….
1. More Family Time – as in being fully present with my kids and not distracted by my phone
2. Regular Date Nights – This is a must because my husband and I both need to decompress and just focus on each other and all too often we neglect this aspect in our relationship.
3. Meet More Local Blogger Babes – I love love love meeting other like-minded women in the blogging industry. It’s definitely hard to make new friends as an adult so when you have those common threads it makes it a lot easier! Plus it’s always fun to collab with each other!
4. Take More “ME” Time – I’ve always been a self care advocate but sometimes put it to the side and focus more on my kids but this year I’m definitely taking better care of myself.
5. Drinking Less – I’m being realistic here which is why I said “less”. I’m not quitting ….because I love wine, and beer, and margaritas ……but I’m going to try not drinking as much.
6. Vlogging – I would love to get back to vlogging and posting more regularly on our family YouTube Channel. I absolutely love making vlogs for YouTube but it’s a lot of work. Last year when YT changed their monetization rules I was so discouraged that I took a year long break. Now I’m ready to dive back in!
7. Blogging – I also am setting a goal of at least one outfit post per week and one collage post per week…like a “looks for less” post or something like that!
8. Get More Active – Whether it’s getting back into spin class or just walking my neighborhood, I need to get out and be more active. Not so much for weight loss because I’m already a twig at under 100 lbs., but more so just to stay in shape.
9. Explore Atlanta/Georgia – We have been living in ATL for going on 7 years now and there are so many cool places, restaurants and attractions we have yet to see! Sometimes I have such a taste to travel to other locations that I forget about all the cool stuff right here in my own city/state! I have even been thinking of turning this into a little blog series, maybe even a collab series with other ATL ladies. Maybe like a twice a month thing.
We already got started on that last goal this past Saturday. We took our kids up to Tallulah Gorge State Park which was breathtaking! There are several waterfalls and you can hike down the gorge to see them up close and personal. The surrounding towns are also pretty cool too. I love historical/quirky places and this place did not disappoint! There are tons of little shops and bars that were super cute too! We went in one shop that had all these homeade soaps, candies, figurines and artwork.
How adorable are these little figurines! They remind me of little Mexican alebrijes! I wanted to take all of them home!
OUTFIT DETAILS & SIZING:
For reference, I’m 5’1″ & under 100 lbs. I normally wear the following sizes: Shoes (6), Tops (XS), Jeans (24/00)
Here’s to a prosperous year ahead ladies and may we all meet our goals and resolutions!!!!